cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner cannot get Volt benefits

FlyingChips
Joining in

We have Virgin Media at our home address.

My partner has a new o2 phone contract (12 month SIMO which is an eligible price plan). We are unable to add Volt benefits to her account even though the addresses are the same on her o2 account and my Virgin Media account. She is also eligible as per the FAQ on o2's website:

Q: I’ve got Virgin Media broadband at my address, but it’s not registered in my name. Can I get Volt benefits?
A: Yes, you’re eligible for Volt benefits if your O2 Pay Monthly tariff address matches the address on the registered Virgin Media account.

Could the fact that my postcode is shown twice on my contract be causing the issue? My contract has the following structure:

[Address line one]
[Address line two]
[Address line three] [Postcode]
[Postcode]

Nobody seems to be able to help, o2 are palming me off to Virgin, Virgin are palming me off to o2. Nobody wants to help, this whole things seems to be a massive shambles of script reading and not using any common sense to try and resolve the situation.

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello FlyingChips.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you have been given the run around setting up the Volt deal.

Just to put your mind at rest the postcode showing twice on your contract would not be an issue at all.

Providing the O2 account address is the same as your Virgin Media account address, then it should not be an issue.

One thing that can delay this is the 14 day window for both accounts to benefit the speed increase and double data.

I can take a look at this for you if you like?

I know you have provided details on your post, However we had to remove them for security reasons as this community is open to the public.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security, and we can go from there.
If you can check your logo at the top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L