cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sim Card

jonboyMP
Tuning in

Hi,

so I took out a VM Volt package a few weeks ago. Everything is now installed however I still haven’t got a SIM card which was part of the deal. I had an email saying that as I already have an O2 account registered to my email address ( for other mobiles ) they couldn’t send a SIM card and gave me a number to call. I called the number and was passed back and forth between VM and O2. Neither of which could help at all. VM kept giving me an order number which O2 have no knowledge of !!  I’m fed up with going round in circles and wasting my time. This surely is a common enough issue ! The SIM card now appears on my account in the App but I don’t have it ! Can anyone help !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liane35
Tuning in

Hi there, I have the same problem.  I ordered a new Volt pacakge a few weeks ago, install for TV was on 25th November but have still not received the new SIM card.  Have been in touch with O2 who cannot track anything with the Virgin order number and were unable to help.  How do I resolve this?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonboyMP 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear you've not received your SIM.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Liane35
Tuning in

Hi there, I have the same problem.  I ordered a new Volt pacakge a few weeks ago, install for TV was on 25th November but have still not received the new SIM card.  Have been in touch with O2 who cannot track anything with the Virgin order number and were unable to help.  How do I resolve this?

There must be loads of people in the same boat. I’m still without a solution.  I was due a call back today but haven’t heard anything 🤷‍♂️

Hi jonboyMP,

I'm sorry to hear that. Were you expecting a call back from O2 as advised in PM with John?

Beth

Hi, I have the same problem, have had virgin TV and Internet fitted but still no sim card. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Simon616 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same situation. For clarity, have you spoken with O2 to confirm whether an order has been processed? What has been advised?

If an order has already been processed by one of our team, then the team over at O2 will be able to order a replacement SIM.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

RoberK1981
Just joined

Same here - given the roundround from O2 to Virgin - o2 advised need to speak to Virgin and can not get through to anyone.

Hi RoberK1991 👋 welcome to the community forum! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also having some difficulties with a missing SIM card from O2. 

Just so we can best offer further support, can you let us know if O2 advised that there had been an order placed?

As mentioned by my colleague to the last customer in this thread with a similar issue If an order has already been processed by one of our team, then the team over at O2 will be able to order a replacement SIM. Sadly we are unable to do this, and it must be ordered by O2 directly. 

We can only place an order for a SIM if part of a full VOLT package. If you have already had the rest of your package completed, an individual SIM order would also need to be placed directly with O2. 

We do appreciate your frustration if you have spoken to them directly already and been advised otherwise. Our sincerest apologies for this! You can contact O2 via  👉 Contact Us | Help, Support and Useful Numbers | O2

We hope contact goes well and they get this sorted for you ASAP. Let us know if there is anything else you need, and we will do our best to help!

Molly