cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excessive volume levels on That's TV and That's Memories TV

mikes2400
Fibre optic
Has anyone else noticed the excessive volume levels on these two TV channels (I watch them on a Virgin V6 box). The sound is hugely louder than all other TV channels - not just the adverts (which are even louder) but most of their programmes as well.
Surely they can't be allowed to try and deafen everybody? Or is it Virgin who are to blame?

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mikes2400, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you're finding the volume on these channels quite loud. All volumes are usually set by the broadcaster. They choose the level to broadcast at and then you can choose the volume you want by using your remote control to increase or decrease it. 

I'm afraid this isn't something we would be able to help with although it may be worth trying to contact the broadcaster directly. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, I've complained twice to That's TV - who control both channels - but they won't even reply. I just wanted to check that Virgin weren't responsible for broadcasting those two channels at excessive volumes. If  you can do nothing about it then I 'll have to complain to Ofcom.

cje85
Trouble shooter

It's the same on satellite and Freeview, the That's channels are very loud compared to all others.