cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer - no show, no contact

anguz
On our wavelength

so i have pixelating tv, and intermittent broadband.

yesterday lunchtime i arranged an engineer visit, for today between 4pm and 7pm (quite surprised it was that quick actually)

so leave work early, to be there on time for the visit... its now 8pm, no show and no contact, and seemingly no way of finding out what's happening

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Tech visits are often cancelled if an area fault is identified, but this should be communicated to each booked appointment-holder. If this didn't happen, then you've got cause for complaint & an auto-compensation claim

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

Do you still have the fault? I'd call back in if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi anguz 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your Technician appointment didn't go ahead. It appears there was a known issue in your area at the time of this being booked, so it was automatically cancelled.

As advised by japitts, this is communicated immediately at the time the visit is cancelled via SMS. It would be best to double check your contact details are up-to-date in your My Virgin Media account, here, to prevent any further instances of this.

Based on the details we have available, this fault has now been resolved and services are working as expected. Can you please try to reboot your TV box and Hub, and let us know if you continue to experience these issues?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

anguz
On our wavelength

just checked the number its still a phone i use. neither that phone or the one i received the vm link to initiate the engineer visit received a cancelation text.

tv and broadband seem ok at the moment, but it would have been nice to not to have to hang around waiting for a no show

Thanks for getting back to us @anguz,

If your Number is correct it will update through all of our systems.

Glad to hear your services are working correctly, if you do have any future issues then please do let us know.

Joe