cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 question

slowstar
Dialled in

Just wanted to check when tv is off the v6 has a glowing red light is this normal? Or do i need to switch off at the wall and then switch on again or does it mean its just in stand by? Sorry am not very techy 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A pink light indicates the V6 is in standby, orange means rebooting, and white is "on". If yours is red, it usually indicates a fault.

Boxes are designed to be powered up 24x7x365, there should be no need to reboot them except occasionally for fault rectification.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red is the normal standby colour. Flashing Red is bad. Orange during self-test at startup. White for normal operation.

As per above, turning the box off at the wall is not advised. When you start up again the box has to "catch-up" with all the overnight updates, which could significantly increase the boot up time of the box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pink, red, all similar... post up a photo if you're not 100% sure

Thank you Japitts - Very helpful - made me feel much better

Thank you Nodrogh - Have done that in the past eek - Won't do that inless i have too