cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Stuck on amber

Jobato1972
Tuning in

Have tried everything fern rebooting to resetting. Blank page. No welcome message. Engineer was out earlier in the month to replace faultu hub. Also replaced non faulty V6 box and now it's not working. Have been trying troubleshooting options for 2 days. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say "stuck on amber", do you mean an amber video output to your TV? Or the amber LED?

Do you get the "welcome", "starting up" sequence on your TV when you reboot?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The led at the front of the v6. Goes from off/red to amber. The box makes a whirring sound momentarily. Then nothing. No message. No error. Just a blank screen. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jobato1972 wrote:

The led at the front of the v6. Goes from off/red to amber. The box makes a whirring sound momentarily. Then nothing. No message. No error. Just a blank screen. 

Hard drive is faulty. It needs replacing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jobato1972
Tuning in

Do I just hang here until a virgin operative picks up the thread?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jobato1972 

It depends on how quickly you want it fixing.

The fastest way is by calling 150 from a Virgin landline or VM  mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Jonato1972, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your V6 box. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs