cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Arts Has Vanished!

polly43
Up to speed

This morning I noticed that Sky Arts has vanished from my list of favourite channels.  When I went through all my available channels in order to mark it as a favourite again, I couldn't find it amongst them.  Where has it gone?  😯

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @polly43 

Sky Arts SD has been removed and now all customers have access to Sky Arts HD on channel 123 at no extra cost. So you should add channel 123 to your list of favourite channels instead.

This however might affect any recordings you may have made on Sky Arts SD as they might have been removed or will only be available for a short time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @polly43 

Sky Arts SD has been removed and now all customers have access to Sky Arts HD on channel 123 at no extra cost. So you should add channel 123 to your list of favourite channels instead.

This however might affect any recordings you may have made on Sky Arts SD as they might have been removed or will only be available for a short time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Well, I did look through all the channels that I get on Virgin and I couldn't see Sky Arts listed at all.  123 or otherwise.  I'll have another look though.  I'm wondering if I could search for Sky Arts HD? Or perhaps I can't get it as part of my package and that's why I didn't see it listed. I only glance through it occasionally when I'm programming the V6 box for stuff that might interest me, so it's not as if it's any great loss, but I thought it was a mystery that's all.  Anyway, thank you both for letting me know.  I'll let you know how I get on!  😉

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V6 lets you search for programme names & various related fields, but channel names are only listed in the EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK then.  Went into Settings and typed in 123 and up it came.  Added it back to Favourites and all is well.  Thanks everyone.  Mind you, I shan't be able to actually record very much at all if all the channels eventually go over to HD!  Takes up an enormous amount of space on the hard disk!  They don't think of things like this, the powers-that-be who make these decisions do they?  I have to try and stream programmes in HD wherever possible instead of recording them now.  I try and make my Favourites as far as possible in the alternative to HD.  ie. ITV+ etc.  🙄

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@polly43 wrote:

HD..Takes up an enormous amount of space on the hard disk!  ...  I have to try and stream programmes in HD wherever possible instead of recording them now

HD is increasingly standard now, and there's quite a few people who complain when channels "only" broadcast in HD.

The V6's hard drive can hold roughly 400hours of HD recordings, it really is better to record whenever possible. You avoid the risk of VoD programmes expiring or there being a problem, and can always fast-forward through adverts - something that many streaming apps are clamping down on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well obviously if it's something that I REALLY, want to watch, I always record it, but when I'm getting into more than about 75% of my disk space, I have to make some tough choices!  It's usually series and serials that I try and stream when they're in HD and otherwise, but I think the boxes will need to hold a lot more data as more and more channels move over to HD.  To be perfectly honest, I can't discern much difference between HD and normal bog-standard!  Certainly not worth hogging all that space for!  😕

ways record it,