cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sky Sports + Stream Channel

stevenwb11
Dialled in

I've received an email from Sky announcing their new Sky Sports + channel. "Introducing Sky Sports+, brand new live streams and a dedicated channel, launching this August at no extra cost for existing Sky Sports customers." Also stating "EFL fans will be able to watch their team over 20 times a season, including every Carabao Cup game, live on Sky Sports next season." Previously I have used ifollow but that is being discontinued next season due to the above. 

I have searched but cannot find out if this service will be available to VM customers who subscribe to Sky Sports. I'm out of contract at the moment but enjoying a discount until October 2024, but if this is not being offered to us, I might defect to Sky.

Any thoughts please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A thread discussing the same is at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports/m-p/5519825 - you might want to take a read.

I suspect this is a lot of marketing hype for the services we already have. A revamped mobile-app with additional streams, the existing linear broadcast channels, and the red-button multiscreen that TV360 has now - and V6 are due to be getting at some later stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A thread discussing the same is at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports/m-p/5519825 - you might want to take a read.

I suspect this is a lot of marketing hype for the services we already have. A revamped mobile-app with additional streams, the existing linear broadcast channels, and the red-button multiscreen that TV360 has now - and V6 are due to be getting at some later stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you, I saw the other thread and wanted to delete this message. Thank you. Which brings me on to another problem, I appear to have a V6 box but not the option to upgrade as advised in a youtube video. Fun and games getting CS now I suppose.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevenwb11 wrote:

Thank you, I saw the other thread and wanted to delete this message. Thank you. Which brings me on to another problem, I appear to have a V6 box but not the option to upgrade as advised in a youtube video. Fun and games getting CS now I suppose.

New issue probably best dealt with in a new thread. But... what YouTube video is this you've seen? Arguably there is no upgrade available for a V6.

The only thing that CS might sell you, is a voluntary conversion to a TV360. It's a completely different TV platform, in the same way as Android is different to Apple - there are many substantial differences with pros & cons both ways.

Be very careful what you ask & wish for, and don't rush into any conversion based on marketing.

Hi there thanks for the reply. I saw the you tube video on a link from this site https://youtu.be/KruQsQbPMsw

Screenshot_24-5-2024_153624_community.virginmedia.com.jpeg

I called VM and they said the V6 and 360 boxes were the same. They are posting two new 360 remotes with information as to how to upgrade. This was done free of charge. I'll do the upgrade on one box and see how it goes. Thank you for the info

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevenwb11 wrote:

I'll do the upgrade on one box and see how it goes.

Alas not. This is a complete software conversion of your TV boxes to a platform that is fundamentally not TiVo.

You can't mix TiVo/V6 & Horizon-TV360 on one account, either you convert all your boxes or you don't convert any - if CS have ordered the new remotes for you, then all your boxes will be converted and you will no longer have V6.