cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a box for my mother

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hi all,

trying to price up what the options are for moving a box into my mums room. we already have 3 boxes. we don't want to change that but we want to move one of the boxes from one bedroom upstairs to another. my mum is elderly and preferring to come to bed much earlier now so we want to get her tv up and running her bedroom.

we currently have 1 v6 box in the sitting room, 1 v6 box in my bedroom and the other v6 box in the boxroom. we want that moved to my mums bedroom which is directly next to the boxroom.

do you know how i'd request this? how much would it cost? would i need to get a new contract as i'm currently on a very friendly tarriff which includes TNT Sports etc so wouldnt want to lose that so i'd look into other options for my mum including freeview etc as she doesnt use many of the virgin media channels etc.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @djr_uk 

Moving the box won't alter your contract.

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge for a tech to do the work you require (it used to be £99).

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline  or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @djr_uk 

Moving the box won't alter your contract.

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge for a tech to do the work you require (it used to be £99).

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline  or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thank you!

Hi there @djr_uk 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

We would be more than happy to arrange an appointment for you here if needed and a big thank you to newapollo for their advise. 

Let us know if you would like us to pop you a message and we will be more than happy to arrange!