cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sound on V6

philt
Dialled in

Last night the sound was ok on the V6, this morning it had gone.
All connections are ok. TV has sound from other sources.
I just called 151 and got sent a link. It ran some diagnostics and then froze.
The last URL is  ... https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/tv-faults/diagnostics/C8A_V6/error

I am guessing it has detected a fault but it is just showing the VM logo animation.

I have tried fault detection via the website again and I end up at the same point.

Any clues ??

3 REPLIES 3

philt
Dialled in

Resolved.
Got a call back from VM. Asked for the V6 and Hub3 to be powered off/on. And now it is working.
I had already tried powering off the V6 a few times without success. Not sure how the Hub3 power-cycle made a difference.
On the first attempt, we lost picture but got intermittent sound (!) but then later it all came back.

I suspect some reset command was sent.
Ironically, I was calling on the landline (VOIP) which got disconnected when the hub was powered off 🙂 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@philt wrote:

And now it is working.

The only thing that rebooting your Hub does to a V6 is remove the internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @philt 

That url shows tand upside down smiley and the following text, "Sorry, we can't check for connection issues in your home right now.Please try again later or check out our help guides instead."

Just in case it happens again, in the distant past I'd also lost sound on the V6 box. I was unable to get the sound working again despite turning off and on the V6 box and also my soundbar, and removing and then re-adding the HDMI cabling.

It was like spaghetti junction where my equipment was so I decided to spring clean and remove all devices from the mains, and also all cables/hdmi's etc. When I had finished re-connecting them all everything worked OK and I've had no issues ever since.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali