cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help my poorly V6 box

Fatgaz71
Joining in

Last week I had issues with my V6 box that decided to freeze on me. I powered it on and off and then it would go no further than the starting up despite numerous reboots. I read on this forum to hold down the power and + button to perform a rest which it did but it then kept losing the picture and volume every ten seconds or so for one or two seconds. Contacted VM and spent an hour on the phone and they made an appointment for an engineer last Thurs between 0800 and 1200, I took the morning off work but nobody turned up, phoned and they told me that it had been cancelled and apologised for not letting me know, made a further appointment for sat am just gone. In the meantime I looked on here and reset the resolution on the V6 to 1080 which sorted that problem out so I cancelled the appointment. Now every time I come to switch it on after it's been on standby a length of time it resets himself and installs new software etc which takes ages and I also have to re-sign into all the apps etc. to me it's clear as day that I need a new box and remote, can one be sent out or do i have to have an engineer out and take another half day off work? Thanks very much in advance

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A tech visit is the normal process for any reported fault - it allows investigation of the issue, install of any replacement kit, and prompt return of faulty kit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fatgaz71 👋 welcome to the community forum!

Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear about these issues with your V6 box and experience in getting them sorted. 

If you were experiencing issues due to a local area outage, this could be why an engineers appointment was automatically cancelled. Nonetheless we appreciate this is not the best experience. 

In terms of getting things sorted we would need to take a closer look at the account to run some troubleshooting with you, and following this we may need to book an engineers appointment to take a closer look at the equipment and offer support with the fault. If there is an issue with the equipment that requires a replacement they will be able to do this as part of the visit. 
I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and investigate. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly