cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the Dvr Error

murday1983
On our wavelength

I was in watching tv then I got a green serious DVR error wait 3hrs.

I've seen a few post about this but now as the contact centre is closed I wondering if there's anything I can do to sort this before 3hrs.

Also, sometimes the standby light constantly flashes.

When it displayes the starting up screen, the box makes no noise what so ever, normally i hear the hard drive booting running.

Is there anything that can be done or any way I can book a technician before tomorrow morning as I can't ring up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

murday1983
On our wavelength

Got hold of VM about 2pmish the next day, customer service woman was excellent. She sorted a new box and said could take up to 5 days. She also sorted me a reduction off my next bill. The box arrived the next day

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're correct to believe that the green screen "DVR has detected an error" message means your V6's hard drive has failed. As with any fault reporting, you can either call in for an immediate response (time of night aside) or wait on this forum for a staff reply. This isn't real-time and may take a day or so.

CS are open from 8am.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @murday1983, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've had 😔

I can see you've spoken to the team since you posted. Has this now been rectified?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel

murday1983
On our wavelength

Got hold of VM about 2pmish the next day, customer service woman was excellent. She sorted a new box and said could take up to 5 days. She also sorted me a reduction off my next bill. The box arrived the next day