cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels closing

grazazel
Joining in

Hi I see that on the 1st of July a lot of music channels are going.  My question is are they being replaced or if not will my monthly price go down as I am getting less for already expensive amount.  I would like to know as been thinking of leaving for a while since the price got so expensive and this could be the tipping point

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t forget if you are still in your contract period you will have to pay the rest of the contract period to leave.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t forget if you are still in your contract period you will have to pay the rest of the contract period to leave.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is in VMs T&Cs that channel package changes can occur at any time. VM can remove (or add) to these at any time during your contract period without a change to the price. The channels being removed are FTA, so probably pay VM for carriage rather than the other way round. There are other channels that take a cut of VMs revenue from the package you pay for. So in short, no, their won't be a reduction. For VM to add channels to replace these FTA channels would mean new carriage deals with new channels. What few music channels remain run on a shoestring now, & don't want to pay out to join any more platforms, so the ones leaving are unlikely to be replaced.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @grazazel 

The removals aren't just affecting Virgin Media. Channel 4 are pulling the plug on all of their linear music channels (4Music, The Box, Kiss, Magic, and Kerrang!) across all platforms including Freesat and Sky.

Virgin Media will reshuffle some of its music channels.

• NOW 70s moves from channel 293 to 285 (taking The Box’s channel number);
  • NOW 80s moves from channel 294 to 286 (taking 4Music’s channel number);
  • NOW Rock moving from channel 295 to 288 (taking Kiss TV’s channel number).

Virgin will shortly be adding  Now 90s and 00sAaj Tak, Zee Punjabi, Eurosport 4K (Paris Olympics), and **Sky Sports+ 

That’s 60s on channel 296 on Virgin is changing to That's Memories, also on Sky and Freeview from July 1st

** I believe Sky Sports+ will be available from 8th August.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

On a rolling contract so easier to leave

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

Virgin will shortly be adding  Now 90s and 00sAaj Tak, Zee Punjabi, Eurosport 4K (Paris Olympics), and **Sky Sports+ 

Eurosport are also providing 7 Pop-up HD Olympics channels to the UK & other countries, so I expect these will appear in the 560 - 570 range on the EPG in time for the start of the games.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks