cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colour washed out on some channels

phammond2
On our wavelength

Some programmes look washed out while others are fine. If I change colour settings on TV then the colours on some channels are too strong. Is something in settings changing the output?

15 REPLIES 15

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey phammond2,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with some of the TV channels, which channels are you having issues with, are they HD channels or standard definition channels?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

not sure if HD or not, or a mix. i change tv settings for channels like 5 usa but i think issue is not all programs on that channel and effects some programmes on other channels. it is like when you could get photographs developed matt or gloss. Also sound volume on some channels is louder than others especially continuity announcers? at the moment sky witness looks flat.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may help if you can identify specific examples. Also whether OnDemand programmes are similarly affected.

If you have the same problem regardless of the source material, it may suggest an HDMI or video output/input issue. If the symptoms alter depending on live TV/recorded/OnDemand, it's more likely to be a VM/V6 issue - in this case, specific examples may help others (including the VM staff team) to try replicating/testing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

phammond2
On our wavelength

Richard Osman House of Games on BBC2 has strong colours while shows like NCIS and Law and Order on 5USA look pale also FBI on Sky Witness looks pale. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to post up pictures of some examples as well? That may help others compare. I should have suggested this in my previous post. Use the photo button I've highlighted below and be aware any pictures will need manual approval before they appear on the public forum.

japitts_0-1665508103843.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Programmes on 5USA are SD and sound variations between different channels is normal, some TV's have a sound normalization setting between the program and adverts etc but I have not found one that really works when I have tried in the past so don't bother any more.

Edited to say; If you are not using a soundbar or any A/V equipment if your Audio setting is set to follow content on the 360 try selecting 1 of the 2 PCM settings to see if it makes a difference to the volume levels.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What's the make and model of your TV? Big UHD ones showing SD channels often look bad as SD broadcasts have to be scaled up from 576i to 2160p.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

phammond2
On our wavelength

Colours better today for some reason?

phammond2
On our wavelength

PCM 5.1 sounds better (louder)