cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What channels are on Mega TV

Oscar1820
On our wavelength

I've received a call from that outbound offshore call centre.

She started off saying that she was going to upgrade me to the new top pack Mega TV & double my internet speed for £7 a month more.  I asked what it contained and she started saying how it was the best Virgin TV package for all the channels.  I said I wouldn't bother as i'd heard that it no longer contained TNT.

She came back and said that they would still give me TNT at no extra charge if I wanted it.  I said ok, but what extra channels are there and she said that it included the Sky movie channels.  She also said i'd escape the April price increase (but i've been lied to about that before.)

As I don't trust these people I wrote to the office of the CEO.  Despite chasing it up, they are ignoring me.  They keep ringing me to see if I want to go ahead, but I can't give an answer because the CEO office are being rude & unprofessional.

What is wrong with this company?  How do I complain about my emails being ignored?

Is she talking nonsense in order to get her commission, then when things aren't as agreed, I get told that I agreed to it and the recording isn't available as happened last time these people rang with a deal?

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Oscar1820 wrote:

She also said i'd escape the April price increase

You should avoid the April 2024 increase, but will be subject to April 2025.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Oscar1820 

The Mega TV channels are shown in column 3 on the following page

/virgin-tv-edit/tv/virgin-tv-360-channel-guide 

The Bigger Combo bundle plus Movies package consists of the Mega TV channels plus Sky Movies HD.

The Mega Volt bundle includes both Sky Movies HD and Sky Sports HD in it's pricing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Oscar1820 wrote:

She also said i'd escape the April price increase

You should avoid the April 2024 increase, but will be subject to April 2025.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the replies.

She didn't mention Sky Sports (apart from continuing to get TNT at no extra cost), only Sky Cinema.

My broadband would double to 250 and talk weekends would remain.

Does a package like this exist or do they have the authority to create bespoke packages?

I suspect that i'm being lied to again so want to check before agreeing to this.

In the past i've been offered Sky Cinema with the added bonus that the VOD part is usually chargeable, but that I can have it at no extra cost (yeah right)

They said that if I took their last offer i'd escape the forthcoming April price increase- I won't.  Last time and this time they stated that my price rise would be 3 times what it actually will be in order to make their offers look more attractive.

Before that I was told i'd get Full House TV, but only got the minimum Freeview package.

On every occasion the recordings of the calls were 'unavailable'.

Even the trick of getting them to make a note of the offer on the system doesn't work anymore as with regards to being offered Full House they said one thing to me and wrote down that they'd offered me the Freeview package!!!

I hope you can now understand why I don't trust them.

I started my last contract about 6 months ago and was told i'd escape next months price increase, but i've had a letter saying that I will be subject to a price rise.  Does this sound correct?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The core-TV tiers are now Mixit (broadly Freeview equivalent) & top-tier Mega.

Sky Cinema (which includes HD & VoD as standard), Sky Sports, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Premier Sports/Viaplay are always premium add-ons, but the "Ultimate" & "Volt" bundles tend to include Sky Premiums at least.