cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Upgrade Problem: Error code ma1/15/40, despite rebooting V6 and following advice

chakatee
Tuning in

I have been unable to upgrade my V6 box to 360. I had the option on the home menu to upgrade which I duly did. About 10 minutes into the upgrade I received the error code MA1/15/40. I followed the advice of rebooting the box (which I have now done numerous time) with no success. Spoke to technical helpline and the chap there had never seen this before. I had to suggest to him googling for answers, so wasn't much help. The V6 is still work as previously, I have not lost anything, but I can't upgrade to 360. I have two boxes to upgrade, I have received the two remote control 360's, but one box will not update without the other either. Can this be sorted for me please? From what I can see, I'm not the only one. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chakatee

All codes beginning MA are a 360 box specific error code (even though the box is still running V6) due to a migration issue meaning the box is unable to complete the upgrade. This is due to the box either not being activated, unable to complete the update process, or the software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie the equipment to in order to activate the box.

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minutes and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work then the Faults team (option 2 when dialling 150 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone) may be able to fix this, if not they will need to escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal. If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

If you do call Faults then ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey chakatee,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV box update right now. 

I have looked into this on your behalf and can see that you have a technician visit booked in, we hope that the technician will be able to resolve the issues, if you get the chance, please let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L