cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Black Screen

Jon_W
On our wavelength

I’ve just moved to TV360 from V6 and the box looks like it automatically upgraded after 5 days. The new control talks to the old V6 box but I just get a black screen on the TV, no picture or sound. The TV recognises that it’s getting a signal but the signal is just a black screen. All the connections are as they were which used to be fine with V6. I’ve tried powering off the 360 box (as it now) is but no change. If I press TV on the TV remote I get a small menu at the bottom with things like “top menu” and play and record icons which seems to be some feedback from the 360 box but none if these do anything if selected. I didn’t have to do anything during the upgrade although there was a brief message on the TV saying something like “set up box on HDMI2” but I can’t do anything as it’s a blank screen. Can I restart the V6 to TV360 process. Any other suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2

Jon_W
On our wavelength

Looks like I’ve found the problem. I have Sony Bravia running Android TV and if you go into settings>Watching TV>External Inputs> you can see an option for HDMI control and under that you can choose standard or enhanced. The input for the TV was set to standard and when I changed it to enhanced (suitable for 4K devices) everything started to work fine. So problem solved. I’d have expected that sort of thing to auto sense or negotiate. The old V6 box had a similar issue on occasions but restarting it would eventually get the two in sync. This setup change would probably have fixed that fault too. 

Hey Jon_W, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this however I am happy to hear this has now been resolved. 

Please do feel free to reach out if you ever need anything forward.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?