cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

Just updated our v6 box to 360 and I have to say that so far I am not impressed. Far from it. Although the menus may look fancy and "modern", they're nowhere near as user friendly as the old ones. No button for my shows, and recordings about four along on the home menu. It just shows how it's geared more towards streaming now (sadly).

Also apparently gone is the wish list, which was brilliant. I simply typed in Pittsburgh Penguins and any game would record. Now without that option it looks like I'm going to have to search for games on a regular basis.

Series Links are harder to make and appear to only be possible to make if there's currently an episode available to record.

I suppose at least Disney+ is now available but many of the old great features sadly seem gone.

Maybe they'll be an option to undownload and go back. Hopefully 

58 REPLIES 58

Voice control will not make up for any of the missing features though. One gain (which I won't use any way) for umpteen loses 

Stephen_Bubbles
Dialled in

God the more I use this the more I hate it. It's so bad. Virgin should be ashamed of themselves for not allowing people to revert. 

Can't believe this thread is 4 years old and the issues raised are some of the exact thoughts I've had after "upgrading" this week. Wish I'd found these threads before I clicked upgrade. Absolutely regret it. 360 is absolutely crap. I will also be leaving virgin in 18 months when my contract is up after nearly 20 years. Sad times as the v6 TiVO was so good 

Honestly, 360 is so bad it's like something designed by a team on the apprentice. Alan Sugar would rip it to shreds and definitely fire a few people 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stephen_Bubbles wrote:

360 is absolutely crap. I will also be leaving virgin in 18 months when my contract is up after nearly 20 years. Sad times as the v6 TiVO was so good 

Just be aware that leaving VM won't get you TiVo-firmware back, that's not possible in the UK. If you are with VM as a pay-TV platform, your only other realistic choice is Sky - and they don't offer TiVo to new customers any more than VM do.

From my understanding, TV360 is following a similar high-level design strategy in "look & feel" to Sky Q & Sky Glass - in other words, you'll end up with a similar approach but a different badge. I have no first-hand experience to comment further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm sadly aware that getting TiVO would not be an option at Sky 😞

I only wish now it'd crossed my mind to search forums first (I never usually use them) at least I would have read all the negativity and not "upgraded". I'm as angry at myself as I am at the now rubbish service I'll be living with. 

The only consultation is that I'm blatantly not alone in my feelings 

Spoiler

If you used the V6 to anywhere near its fullest functionality you will unfortunately find a long list of useful functions have gone for ever.

I was genuinely shocked when I saw how rudimentary my mother's is.

She is old & wants very little from a TV service, rarely watching anything other than BBC1 or ITV & never recording, so doesn't mind, but I was constantly exasperated at not being able to do things I take for granted with the V6. You can't even easily return to the last channel as there is no such function - one that is even available on basic DTV boxes. The amount of time you can pause or rewind live TV is absurdly short. However as I said, there are a shocking number of functions missing, too many to mention at this time.

I have never experienced such a backward step in any service, or item.of technology in my life.

If anyone know how the functionality of rival boxes compares I'd be interested to hear it, as I need to upgrade - and prepare to be forced to use the garbage V360 in future. When that happens I'm gone.

@drabman wrote:
Spoiler

You can't even easily return to the last channel as there is no such function - one that is even available on basic DTV boxes.

There are two ways of getting to the previous channel.

1. Press the TV button.

2. Using voice control, say "TV".

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@drabman wrote:

The amount of time you can pause or rewind live TV is absurdly short.

To be fair, this is where TV360 is different. The live TV buffer is actually longer than TiVo/V6, I think it's 3 hours.

The difference is that V6 actively buffers all 6 tuners, whereas TV360 only buffers the live channel and anything that's recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks