cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Recordings

Stanl
Dialled in

Was watching TV this afternoon and my TV 360 box just switched off as if there’d been a power cut.

All my recordings have now disappeared and all planned recordings have been wiped.

Should I be worried?

6 REPLIES 6

1701-e
Superfast

From another thread.

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once and shouldn't do it when you reboot the box. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, which it sounds like you have done already, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, and if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

It’s never happened before only today but everything has been wiped out.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Stanl,

For some reason I recognise the above advice probably because I posted it, but even if the box hasn't deleted your recordings before it is more than likely your box is faulty.

You could try the factory reset and then wait to see if the recording's get deleted again or wait for one of the forum team to respond which might be 2 to 3 days.

I’ll see if one of the team comes back to me and also keep an eye on the box.

Hey Stanl, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, I have take a look and the box seems okay.

What recordings have been lost  and has this happened again since?

What happens when you try to re record them does it work?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have scheduled recordings and they have (so far) recorded without any problems.

The way in which it happened was the box completely shut down as if there had been a power cut.

I had to unplug it from the wall as there were no lights showing on the front of the box.

When I plugged it back in and turned the power on the red light at top right corner came on and I could hear the disc drives warming up.

When it eventually rebooted and I tried to watch a recording everything had been deleted including the scheduled recordings.

Since then no issues with watching TV or recording programs.