cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire TV cube (2022 3rd gen version)

adhiren
Dialled in

Anyone know if this is compatible with the Virgin 360 box?

26 REPLIES 26

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello,

I'm in ITV Central East region.

My cube is also having difficulty finding the correct ITV.

I notice that when it gets ITV1 wrong, it goes to channel 113, which was where Central East SD used to be before Virgin moved it to 103 and it became HD. (We used to get Central West Midlands on 103).

As 113 isn't there any more, it goes to the next available channel 114, which is ITV1+1.  This suggests that the cube is somehow working from an old channel list, before the names were changed from ITV to ITV1, and the channel numbers were moved.

I thought it easier to set up a routine in Alexa, so that when I say "Central" as the command word it follows the instruction "tune to 103 on cable".  This works every time.  You could do the same for STV, or any other channel. 

I have written to Amazon to describe the problems TV 360 users are having.  They agree that it needs fixing so the correct codes appear when Virgin Media is selected as the receiver, rather than having to set the box as a Pace one, and that the codes need refining.  The responses I have suggest that they are keen to make everything work as it should, and as promised in their advertising.  If I hear positive news from them, I'll post something here.

Hope this helps.

Hi, please can someone provide step by step instructions on how to connect my Virgin TV media to fire TV Cube third generation. Thank you

Treble1
Fibre optic

Anybody got the stream box working i plug the hdmi and it says only sky or tt 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Treble1 

Is the VM STream box connected tio a different HDMI port? If so you need to change the source on your TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It’s connected directly to the hdmi port in on the gen 3 cube 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Treble1 

You might need to have One Power enabled on the Stream box.

Have you tried doing the following?

Pull the  Stream HDMI cable out of the TV and plug it into the HDMI In port on the Fire Cube, then turn the Stream box on and go to “inputs” on the cube and it will take you to the Stream box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm found this as I'm still having this problem after buy a fire cube, a year after this was posted. I'm going to try @newapollo's tip above once the kids have stopped playing Beach Buggy Racing.