cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax cable extension

shemsley1
Joining in

Hi, i was wondering if there was a way to get a longer coax cable to reach my router to my virgin 360 box. My router is needed at the opposite side of the house to the living room so I would need a longer one to get from one side of the house to the other.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call VM and book a technician visit. New cabling will be made up on site, & when installed the signal levels will be checked & adjusted to accommodate for the additional cable. As it is a non fault callout there is a charge of £25

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call VM and book a technician visit. New cabling will be made up on site, & when installed the signal levels will be checked & adjusted to accommodate for the additional cable. As it is a non fault callout there is a charge of £25

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shemsley1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to a longer cable and to arrange your install set up differently then we can help with that, but as @nodrogd has mentioned, there would be a £25 call out to send out an engineer for a non-fault related visit.

If you're still happy to go ahead, please respond to the message I'll be sending to you shortly and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!