cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 remote JVC tv

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Hi I need help, just had 360 installed and using the one in my room I can turn on my TV (JVC) with the remote but then can not turn off using the same remote. Now I could live with that but once I've turned on the TV with the 360 remote I can now longer use the buttons on the TV or the TV remote(other than for sound).. I then have to unplug the TV and plug it back in to regain use of the TV remote. Any help would be appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bigkev3579,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your TV remote control not working after linking it up to the 360 box. It may be worth re-pairing the remote and you can find help on how to do that here

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

Hi Kath, I turned on "one power" that means I can now turn the tv off by turning the box off. Not ideal as I usually like to put some new/old movies on usb stick in to the TV. But obviously as I said the TV remote still doesn't work unless I disconnect the virgin box and turn the TV off then on again..

Also I've now noticed that my TV (Samsung) in the living room now longer recognises my usb sticks while the main virgin box is connected.. again I've got to disconnect the box restart the TV. All this since the engineer came out and upgraded the boxes to 360

Thanks for coming back to us bigkev3579, I'm sorry to hear of this happening and that sounds very strange that this would be happening. 

When you say TV remote, do you mean the 360 remote that we have or the remote for the TV? The Virgin Media box and remote should have no affect on your TV and the usual TV remote. What are you able to control with the 360 remote and what can you control with the normal TV remote? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L