cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 mini box internet not working

sbc66123
Tuning in

Hi guys,

Yesterday the internet to the mini box 360 has stopped working, it still shows the box as connected to our VM wifi so we are in a constant loop of "ooops we've found a problem" click on network set up, choose wifi and it does a diagnostic test which says signal is good etc and thats it. Round and round in circles. Error code is CS9995. There doesnt seem to be a way to forget the network then try to connect again.

I've tried resets and stuff, power off and on but nothing seems to fix it and it wont let me factory reset via remote control as it says it needs internet. The internet at the house is working perfectly, the main box is fine, phones, laptops etc all fine so it's not a VM router problem, it's just this one mini 360 box. Would it be possible to have a replacement sent out as I've noticed recently the picture often gets fuzzy on BBC1 and TNT Sport so this isnt the only problem.

Thanks so much for any help, much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SeanRegan
Tuning in

Virgin have admitted that they have a problem with the mini box.

For the last week, I've not been able to record or delete anything on the mini box. I'm able to watch anything recorded on the main box, or recorded on the mini box before it had this fault.
At the moment I can only watch live TV,  or programmes that are recorded using the main box.

Today, Virgin told me that it will take a while to fix it as there is more than one fault.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

sbc66123
Tuning in

Hi guys, I managed to sort this so no worries now. Thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sbc66123 

For the benefit of other users who may come on here with a similar problem seeking help, how did you fix it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sbc66123
Tuning in

I swapped the boxes and put the mini downstairs so I could use ethernet cable and put the main one upstairs where it just allowed me to connect via wifi. Didn't technically solve the problem of the mini upstairs as it's now downstairs but the solution works for us.

SeanRegan
Tuning in

Virgin have admitted that they have a problem with the mini box.

For the last week, I've not been able to record or delete anything on the mini box. I'm able to watch anything recorded on the main box, or recorded on the mini box before it had this fault.
At the moment I can only watch live TV,  or programmes that are recorded using the main box.

Today, Virgin told me that it will take a while to fix it as there is more than one fault.

Hi SeanRegan,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some recording issues.

We can see from our side that this has been raised, and assure you we're looking onto it.

Alex_Rm