cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box without coax

Chunks13
Joining in

Does anyone know what services work on the 360 box if you don’t plug into coax? 

The location of the cabling doesn’t work for us and I’m struggling to see how we can actually use it.

2 REPLIES 2

Tavis75
Super solver

Nothing. The box needs the coax to initialise correctly and won't run without it. You should be able to get the cable moved by VM to a more suitable location, possibly with a £25 charge depending on the exact circumstances. If you've just added TV to your package or are a new customer then it should be free.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chunks13 wrote:

Does anyone know what services work on the 360 box if you don’t plug into coax? 

The location of the cabling doesn’t work for us and I’m struggling to see how we can actually use it.

You might as well ask “Can I use a satellite receiver without connecting it to a dish?”.

Virgin TV is Cable TV. The cable carries broadcast channels in the same way as those from a dish or rooftop aerial. The system has been modified over the years to carry Broadband alongside the TV on spare radio frequencies, but the two are totally separate entities.

Virgin’s Stream box, which IS an IPTV product, is classed as a Broadband add-on & not a TV product. You could use this instead as long as you don’t want 1) more than one box or 2) recording facilities.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks