cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The same old problem. Massive pixellation

Timbo78
Dialled in

Peterborough area and getting loads of tearing and pixellation yet again. This happens fairly frequently and I know it's not my kit, before anyone "helpful" tells me it's a signal problem or suggests rebooting or any of the other remedies that aren't relevant and don't work anyway. It's a problem at source. It always is when this happens. I'm just reporting it here, again, because the phone system for doing so is next to useless.

So if anyone who can actually do something about this would like to drop me a PM, please do.

I appreciate those people who are NOT VM employees are trying to assist, but it is ALWAYS a problem at the other end, either in a street cabinet or elsewhere, so telling me it's probably my signal and probably a reboot will fix it is not helpful. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum, these boxes are now coming up for 13+ years old. What makes you so certain this is not an equipment fault? And by the same token, what makes you certain this is a problem at source, which I would take to mean broadcaster?

Even on the basis this isn't an equipment fault, VM's fault-finding will rightly expect you to rule that out and a reboot is the commonly-accepted means.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timbo78,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your Tv service. 

We can certainly take a look into this. I will private message you now to confirm your details.

^Martin