cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPORTYSTUFF TV

Carlos19731
On our wavelength

Does anybody know if Virgin TV are to offer  SPORTYSTUFF TV As a free to air channel on any of their platforms with Viaplay xtra now closed and if I have heard correctly Viaplay’s other channels being removed completely from the Virgin TV channel lineup shortly 🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's quite possible that SportyStuffTV doesn't have the budget to justify being on cable. The reality is that small fry have to pay VM to get their content carried but the big fish like Discovery can and do demand to get paid.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Carlos19731
On our wavelength

I’ve noticed this channel SPORTYSTUFF TV is already available on Freesat and sky TV as a standalone channel and is available through an app called Channel box on Freeview.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carlos19731 wrote:

I have heard correctly Viaplay’s other channels being removed completely from the Virgin TV channel lineup shortly

Viaplay's channels & rights have been sold to Premier Sports. Viaplay Extra has closed on all platforms, but V1 & V2 will likely be rebranded Premier 1 & Premier 2 at some point.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-sports-buys-viaplay-sale-uk-business-scotland-qualifiers... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Carlos19731 

You can watch live tv on their website - currently showing live greyhounds at the time of my posting - clicking on the live video makes it full screen.

https://www.sportystuff.tv/ 

If you have a computer you could connect that to your tv using an hdmi cable and then watch it on your tv.

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carlos19731 wrote:

Does anybody know if Virgin TV are to offer  SPORTYSTUFF TV As a free to air channel on any of their platforms with Viaplay xtra now closed and if I have heard correctly Viaplay’s other channels being removed completely from the Virgin TV channel lineup shortly 🤔

As has always been the case, channel providers have to pay to join TV platforms. Leasing a transponder slot from SES, who run the satellite Sky uses gives them access to both Sky & Freesat boxes. There is then just a nominal fee paid to Sky/Freesat for the guide slot.

Joining cable would require a change to their OFCOM licence, & they would also have to pay Virgin to join the platform. If they can't afford it, it's not going to happen anyway.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's quite possible that SportyStuffTV doesn't have the budget to justify being on cable. The reality is that small fry have to pay VM to get their content carried but the big fish like Discovery can and do demand to get paid.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SportyStuff TV will close on all TV platforms at the end of March 2024 "due to circumstances beyond our control".

https://www.sportystuff.tv/sportystuff-tv-to-cease-broadcasting-at-end-of-march/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993