cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road closure due to Virgin works.

Pineapple1
Joining in

The road outside my home is due to be closed for 7 days for works. 

I've spent 3 hours on the phone and spoken to 8 different people in 7 different departments (deliberately cut off twice).

The email address I've been given is not real and the departments I've been passed to are not relevant. I've also been told Virgin Media does not deal in emails. 

How will I be able to leave my property? What plans are in place for access when this road is closed? Why haven't we been informed? 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

One really for your local council that issued the permit. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

They told us to contact Virgin. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the VM contractor is abiding by the terms of the agreement they have with the local council, then it’s nothing the council can do. I think you can do two things, 1) find out exactly what work has been authorised by the council and 2) find out who the contractor is and contact their office. VM never directly do this type of work and just farm it out to a contractor. Going direct to VM will probably not get the answer you want and not in the timescale you want.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2