cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the signal strength boosted up? Currently at 73%

Modshack_Merlin
Joining in

Hi, we have recently started having bad issues with the TV picture breaking up on a lot of channels. Going through the Settings menus to the Diagnostics data shows that the signal to my TiVo box is only 73% and I suspect that this is the cause of our issues.  I rang 150 to try and get some help, but the automated menu only directed me to a text message that covered everything that I had already tried (different HMDI cable, check connections, reboot the box, etc.). How can I get Virgin to boost the signal to my house to improve the picture quality please?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to report your TV service fault to VM, and book a tech visit. That signal strength is not certain to be the reason, and if you try telling a TV faults agent it is - you may tie yourselves & VM in knots. I'd recommend sticking to the "I have a fault" line, getting the required tech visit, and then by all means show them what you think is the issue.

TV Faults are on 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or often respond on this forum if you're happy to wait a few days for their initial response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Modshack_Merlin
Joining in

OK thanks, I'll give them a call.