cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch Up

ji2611
On our wavelength

I have just received a replacement box and after setting it up I cannot watch catch up/my shows…telephoned today as I thought there was a problem with the new box and was told this is an ongoing problem with many customers and they are trying to correct it…just wondered if this is correct and that a lot of people are having this issue at the moment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo section of the forum, but no new TiVo's have been fitted for several years now - fault replacements have been to V6 which run the same software but (unlike the TiVo) rely on your VM home broadband for internet connectivity.

Before advising further, it would be useful to confirm which box you have - there's photos on the link below if you're not sure.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo section of the forum, but no new TiVo's have been fitted for several years now - fault replacements have been to V6 which run the same software but (unlike the TiVo) rely on your VM home broadband for internet connectivity.

Before advising further, it would be useful to confirm which box you have - there's photos on the link below if you're not sure.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ji2611 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with catch up.
I've had a look on my end and I can't see the device being connected to the internet.

Are you able to connect the box to the network please and let us know if you can access catch up.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Are you able to connect the box to the network please and let us know if you can access catch up.

And to further clarify, if @ji2611  genuinely has a TiVo, the network connection is automatic and in-built. The exception would be the internal modem having failed, this would cause a flashing heartbeat light.

Really need the OP to confirm which box they have. I suspect a TiVo has been replaced with a V6,

ji2611
On our wavelength

thank you for your reply…from the photos it looks like a V6…last night catch  up seems to be working hope it continues …just a bit dubious about the app explanation as I could not find anything about an ongoing problem…anyway thank you for gettting back to me.

ji2611
On our wavelength

thank you for your reply ….as of last night it seems to be working…

ji2611
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply…it looks like it is a V6 …apologies I did not realise this…catch up seems to be working now don’t really understand what the problem was …hopefully sorted now.