cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been getting strange calls on my Alexa! They have been announced .

jscadden
Tuning in

These calls have occurred on several occasions but there has been no response when answered.

The address displayed on the Show:

Live:.cid.df4165dba45de214

The address is also announced on my Alexa devices!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory, Skype uses caller IDs that look a bit similar.   Is anyone trying to Skype you and it's being directed to your Show?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory, Skype uses caller IDs that look a bit similar.   Is anyone trying to Skype you and it's being directed to your Show?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I've just checked my Skype account and I have call forwarding and voicemail active and no one has told me they have been trying to contact me. The calls do not come through on my mobile so they are not being forwarded via Skype although normal calls to my mobile would show up on EE calling!

These calls have appeared before but do not respond when I try to pick them up.

When I checked my Skype account online, it showed nothing but I found the Skype app on my laptop. A call register showed that address and several others, mostly from unidentified profiles. One profile did appear to be a 30-year-old African woman!

Needless to say, I've blocked them all!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some good detective work there!   Hopefully you will not see those again on your Alexa Show.

I think it's where Skype is forwarding to my mobile and appearing on my Alexa via EE calling. I think the call blocker on my phone is ultimately catching them which is why they don't answer.

I checked the Skype profiles of the callers which appear to be "ladies of ill repute!" Think I'll give them a miss!