cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t cancel o2 sim in Virgin media bundle

xKyorin
Joining in

Hello,

i really need some help as it seems o2 customer services and going in store are utterly useless and keep bouncing me around like a ball and don’t want to know or help.  My mum got a virgin media bundle this included broadband, tv, land line and an extra o2 mobile phone sim for 18months.  Mind you she never used the o2 sim card at all, only took the bundle as it was mandatory for the price.  18months has past and she rang up to notify o2 last payment for the mobile contract to stop the direct debit and cancel the line as she doesn’t need it but took it because of the bundle.  She’s called every single month from Aug 23 up to recently to get this dam mobile line cancelled but it’s still not done.  First time she called the customer service said they cancelled which they didn’t.  We then get a letter that we now owe them money.  Called in again the guy on the phone said because the account has debt it cant be cancelled so he put credit on the account to cancel it.  Again the mobile line is still not cancelled.  It’s now racked up £45 debt on the account which she is not going to pay as she gave you notice to cancel the line which you didn’t. She got a threatening letter about owing money and affecting credit.  How hard is it to cancel an o2 mobile sim? If you can’t cancel it don’t put them in the bundle.  How on earth do i help her cancel this sim?  Virgin media says call o2, we go into store of o2 they then say call o2 customer services, we call o2 customer services they either said they cancelled which they didn’t several times or tell us to go back to store.  I really need help it seems noone knows anything about cancelling a sim.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This does sound like your issue is with O2 and not VM really.  I doubt very much if VM can assist on this one?  It's also confusing as you say she already has an existing O2 SIM?  I she only wants one SIM, can she not cancel this original SIM and leave the "bundled" one in place?  VM will be reluctant to remove items from a bundle as it is the way they do business.  It would be a similar story if you wanted to remove, say TV from your bundle.  If the 18 months has passed you can always cancel the whole package and go elsewhere?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

She rather keep her original sim than switch to a new number.  Only took it on as it was mandatory in the bundle.  She’s already on a new bundle with VM, however i don’t see how hard it is to cancel the o2 sim when she rang in to say she doesn’t want to continue with it after making her final payment.  How does it go through several people and it’s still going.  I just need someone that can help cancel it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

She can transfer her number to a new SIM, I've done this several times.  So, she now has a new bundle, and does this include a SIM?  It seems to have all become very messy. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks