cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

Error message is :- 

Maximum of devices reached
You have reached the maximum of devices which can be registered to your
account. You can use one of those registered devices, or register a new device on
01-08-2021 00:00 AM.

Device Management shows the following :-

REGISTERED (5 OF 5) CAN BE REPLACED IN
Sophie's iPad 25 days
My Computer - Google Chrome 25 days
Claire’s iPad 25 days
My Computer - Google Chrome 25 days
Bruce’s iPhone 25 days
You can watch TV on a maximum of 5 devices, and you can make three device changes each month.

I am logged on as usual in the device which says 'My Computer - Google Chrome'. I do this virtually every day, and have done for years, but the error message above start happening yesterday and I'm not able to view the TV.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

When you log in, what devices are under registered devices ?

Zoie

I've listed the devices under 'Device Management' in my post above. Not sure what else you mean.

Can you clear all of these from my profile or explain what the fault is?

Thanks, Bruce.

Thanks for your post BruceMalcolm,

I'll seek to clear the TV Go devices for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

i_cola
Joining in

Same problem here... Can't play channel, clear cache etc. run out of devices available. Not being able to watch a channel I've been watching for a few hours is happening every other day.

Can you reset my devices please?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @i_cola,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your TVGo devices.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details before we can reset your devices. Please look out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @i_cola,

We're currently investigating the issue you're having and would like some further information please.

Could you let me know the following:

• What device you're seeing the issue on?
  • Device browser and version
  • Are you clearing your cache/cookies as this will mean a new device will register every time?
  • When has this started being an issue?

Thanks

Melissa

Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)
MacOS 11.2.1 (20D74)

Was having 'This channel won't play' message every other day or so... followed advice to clear cache etc. but ran out of device registrations. Tried using Firefox earlier this month but its default is to clear cache etc. after each session so same issue. Issue (Channel won't play) has started this month but I've been watching the Tour de France so I'm using more than normal.

I'll keep closer track of use / won't play to see if there's a pattern.

Once my devices have been reset I'll probably use Firefox (with cache clearing turned off) as it's better for muting individual tabs etc.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @i_cola 

I can see that you are speaking with one of our agents via PM. 

They will be able to assist you further with any issues. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

635D
Joining in
im having this issue also maximum devices reached , i just changed to firefox but cant work this out , also i had sorry not available message when trying to watch bt sport 1 other day ?