cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

188 REPLIES 188

Dear Adri G,

I think you are perhaps missing the point of all these postings by Virgin Customers.

We all have had our accounts reset on numerous occasions, however what we are asking for is a permanent solution to this situation. We are all fed up with having to have the accounts reset when really this scenario should have been dealt with some time ago.

I am beginning to wonder whether there is some other motive which precludes providing a solution to the problem.

Kind Regards  spressy.

Exactly right spressy,

I'm no longer interested in resets, I'm not that fussed anymore....as you rightly say, a permanent solution is needed.

Are any Forum Team members online now that can help me reset my TV Go devices, please? Thanks.

Hi chrisdoc, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're needing your devices reset. We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F, please check your inbox - have sent you a DM.

Hi drniro, 

I'm afraid we're unable to support with PM's received directly. 

You will need to create a thread with any issues you are experiencing and include as much information as possible. From here the team will then pick your post up and offer help from there. If a PM is needed, they will send you one with the information they need. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I'm new to the forum - but the same problem just happened to me this afternoon. Up until now I was able to delete a device.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Glenord1

Thanks for your post

I am going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details so we can get these reset for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I'm having the same issue and I've reached out for help on another log but in the interim can someone please help me reset my device counter? 

Don't want to spend the new year without access to my TV to go services 

Hey @Murdock_Bassi, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've reached the limit on the TV Go App.
I will assist you on getting this reset, I will send a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team