cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go Pin Always Temporarily Locked out

Deedubbayou
Tuning in

Hi, I keep get this message when accessing recordings that need a Pin. The screen does not allow me to enter a pin.

This is from the mobile app.

What can I do to fix this? 

Thanks

1000020204.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deedubbayou, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the TV Go app. Given that the app screen seems to have frozen on the locked PIN it may be best to totally refresh things. Please delete the TV Go app from your device, then turn the device off and back on. Re-install the app and log in. 

Hopefully that will reset things for you to be able to enter the PIN. You can also follow newapollo's advice to turn the PIN off 🙂

Let us know how things go and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Deedubbayou 

Have you tried clicking on the TVGo settings (the head and shoulder icon) and going to Parental Controls and making sure it's turned Off?  You can also change the PIN from that screen. 

Also for reference the default PIN can be either 1234 or 0000, this is for both the Set top box and TV Go app.

If you have a Stream or 360 box the PIN for TV Go will be the same as your set top box. If you change the PIN number on either they will align; for example if you change the PIN number on your 360 or Stream set top box, the PIN number for TV Go will also change. 

If you have a TiVo/V6 box and change the PIN number they will NOT automatically align. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deedubbayou, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the TV Go app. Given that the app screen seems to have frozen on the locked PIN it may be best to totally refresh things. Please delete the TV Go app from your device, then turn the device off and back on. Re-install the app and log in. 

Hopefully that will reset things for you to be able to enter the PIN. You can also follow newapollo's advice to turn the PIN off 🙂

Let us know how things go and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thankyou. This solution worked! 🙂