cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box not auto recognised by tv?

Mrugg
Joining in

Hi, when I connect my VM stream via HDMI, my Samsung tv does not auto recognise it like it does with most other devices. I need to manually set it up under a different virgin media tv device which means that I can’t use my Samsung one remote to control it. Am I missing something? 

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrugg,

Thank you for your patience, thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your stream box isn't being recognised and that you have to do this manually, I have reached out for help and have been given some further information here.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply but I have already tried the steps suggested in the article you have provided. I have already made sure that HDMI-CEC is turned to on in Samsung TV settings, but this is not making a difference to it automatically picking up and recognising my VM Stream device. 

Any other suggestions?

Hi Mrugg

I'm interested to hear what other suggestions you are given as I have a similar problem, albeit with a Panasonic TV. I've had the Stream box for 8 weeks and the only way I can get my TV to recgnise it is to reboot it every time I use it. I've now tried the HDMI-CEC process you were advised to follow, but with no success.  My TV recognises other devices with no issues. Fingers crossed for another solution. I paid £35 for it but at the moment it's not working properly. 

Hi deeceel

Yes it's very frustrating. Although the stream box works fine after I manually set it up, the point is I shouldn't have to use this workaround for it, I should be able to just connect and it gets picked up properly. Every other HDMI device I own is auto-recognised by my TV when I plug it in without a fuss- Firestick, Sky Q box, PS4, home theatre system etc. I just don't get it.

Agree with you 100%. I feel they may be quite tempramental as the technician installing my broadband tried two new Stream boxes. First one wouldn't respond at all and the second one took a bit of persuading before it
worked.

Hey Mrugg, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague please do reach out to him if you need anymore assistance. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

Well your colleague hasn’t really suggested anything that helps to be honest. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Our colleague has reached out to another team for assistance and will update you as soon as possible. 

We apologise for the delays and appreciate your patience. 

Thanks, 

Nat

jedi1138
Tuning in

Are there any other updates to this problem? I’m having the same issue with a new box setup yesterday?