cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is sky sports on the stream box such bad quality?

lochy
Joining in

Like it has to be 720p at best? Can’t upgrade to UHD to see if that’s any better as they don’t do it on the stream box.

Rang multiple times and the best package they can off me with their actually TV box and the 1GIG broadband I have is £96.50 for sky sports UHD!

Anyone else find the quality so poor for Sky Sports on the streambox. Is there another way to get SkySports UHD without paying nearly £100 per month?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lochy 

I've moved your post from the 360 forum to the Stream forum.

There were a host of new channels added to the Stream Channel guide on 1st February.  I'm not sure if those additional channels are available to customers yet, but the Sky Sports UHD channels are also suggested as soon becoming available on Stream boxes (providing you subscribe to Sky Sports HD) for an additional £7 per month, also there would be a 70p bill credit each month for taking out the UHD channels.

Picture below from the /tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/stream-from-virgin-media-channel-guide page

stream tv edit pagestream tv edit page

Also the screenshot below is from the https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream web page

stream web pagestream web page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bid1
On our wavelength

Everything is available now. Unable to add channels  via virgin stream app then subscription but you can do it by logging into your virgin stream account online. 

Bid1
On our wavelength

update: you can add via the stream box now.