cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the Continue Watching rail?

Freddieboy69
Tuning in

I am new to virgin Media Stream, and so far finding it easy to use, however one thing I can’t seem to find is a Continue Watching rail, I’ve been watching shows and films, and been adding items to the watch list, 

But when it comes to finding programs and films I have already started watching … I can’t seem to find a continue watching rail to continue from where I left off, am I missing something, or is it not available on Stream?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also new to Virgin Media Stream and would also like to know where the 'Continue Watching' rail is? 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Freddieboy69,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with the stream box and locating the continue watching. Have you created a user profile on the stream box? The feature should only work, if you have a profile(s) setup. If you haven't yet created a profile, you can find out more information on how to do that with the two links below.

Using TV box

Setting up profile

Please give this a try and let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

For me (using a profile I created) , the 'Continue Watching' rail does not contain any content that I have watched from Apps, such as Netflix, ITVX, Disney+ etc. Looks as though this only works where you watch on demand content directly from the Stream interface where you are not required to load an App. Is this how it is supposed to work, or should this include any content I have watched, which includes the Apps?

Hi fibrejay, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know. My understanding is that it should show things across all the apps. Is it currently only showing things from the usual channels? Or are you not seeing anything at all?

Let us know so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kath_F,

I only see items in the Continue Watching rail if its something I have streamed from on demand content that does not require me to go into one of the apps. For example, I partially watched the program 'Internet Scams' from Channel 5. To stream this, I did not need to go into the My5 app, so I guess it is streamed via VM.  

Another example, I watched some content from Disney+ last night, so that required me to go into the App. This was partially watched, but it did not show up on the continue watching rail.

Hi Kath_F,

Well I have set up my profile and now have the Continue Watching rail, but like fibrejay the only items showing on the Continue Watching rail are tv programmes and films that do not rely on an App to work, so it is not showing any films or programmes I have started watching on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ to name a few,

is this how it is supposed to work? As I was led to believe that anything I had started watching either on live tv or from the Apps would be shown here, The films do show up in my watchlist!

Hi all 🙂

We've had it confirmed that currently Stream isn't supposed to list Continue Watching from the apps, only TV that's not app related.

Apologies for any confusion.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill