cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV on 30day broadband contract

benwiddowson82
Joining in

Hi guys

Hoping someone can confirm either way for me.

we have Gig1 on a 30 day rolling contract. I rang CS at various points this week to add TV to our package. Each time I’m told you can’t have any TV service on a 30 day rolling contract except once when the agent was progressing the order and the phone died. We previous had 3 360 boxes on a 30 day contract (not an expired 18 month one but 30 days from the start). I appreciate this is massively more expensive than an 18 month contract. Also a quick check at virgins 30 day broadband page suggests you can order stream on these packages. 
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @benwiddowson82 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry for the confusion over the Stream order. Stream boxes can be ordered on a thirty day agreement. 

I can see that you've contacted the team and ordered this since the last post :).

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rolling contracts are only available for Broadband only, or Broadband & Phone. Virgin Stream is a Broadband add-on product as it is completely IP driven & not a broadcast receiver like V360 or TiVo V6.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeh. The thing is though, if I go to the virgin 30 day contracts page for broadband and follow the order journey it allows you to add stream. Checking the basket it shows both stream and the broadband as 30 contracts (72 for gig1 and 35 setup and nothing a month stream). I just don’t understand if I can order stream as a new customer with a 30 day rolling contract for broadband why I can’t as a non tv existing customer. I guess the option of just cancelling the broadband and reordering is always there. 

Hi @benwiddowson82 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry for the confusion over the Stream order. Stream boxes can be ordered on a thirty day agreement. 

I can see that you've contacted the team and ordered this since the last post :).

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John. Webchat did it at the first time of asking