cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

Hix
Tuning in

For the past week I have moved from Sky stream (no buffering) to Virgin stream(at least 4 times a day) is there an issue with it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hix 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the buffering issues on the Stream box. 

I've ran a system check today and it appears the box is turned off? Can you pop it on for us and report back to ensure we can do a full diagnostic? 

The router has been up for over 20 days, we do advise at this stage to unplug it, wait two minutes and then plug it back in. 

Is the Stream box connected wired or wireless to the internet please?

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hix 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the buffering issues on the Stream box. 

I've ran a system check today and it appears the box is turned off? Can you pop it on for us and report back to ensure we can do a full diagnostic? 

The router has been up for over 20 days, we do advise at this stage to unplug it, wait two minutes and then plug it back in. 

Is the Stream box connected wired or wireless to the internet please?

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John 

thank you for your reply 

its with the Ethernet connection it will only go on after 6pm. As I’m in work all day 

I switched it to Wi-Fi and that reset to the virgin media logo startup 

i think with the Ethernet you have to plug directly into the wall sockets as I have it plugged into an extension lead

Hix
Tuning in

I have re connected the Ethernet and it seems ok yesterday fingers crossed