cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM - promised speeds not honored. So now what?

dw2021
Tuning in

So I switched to Gig1 and their minimum speeds are not being reached.

Tried to reach out via the Web Messaging - What a joke. 59 Mins eta, 40 mins elapses, new ETA of 79 mins shown.

Fast.com and Ookla shows 260Mbit. Is he best course of action to complain at this point and take my business elsewhere or will I get faster response from phoning them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s no use using these speed tests. VM only guarantee the speed received by their hub not individual devices. You need to run a SamKnows speed test, unfortunately I do not have the command to hand as I run in modem mode. Search the board.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s no use using these speed tests. VM only guarantee the speed received by their hub not individual devices. You need to run a SamKnows speed test, unfortunately I do not have the command to hand as I run in modem mode. Search the board.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

dw2021
Tuning in

Finally got through - Diagnostic of the hub4 performed and a hub5 is on its way. Chat log saved just in case.

Result!

carl_pearce
Community elder