cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetrical speed add on

ks_farm
On our wavelength

Does anybody know if there is any information on the Virgin Media website regarding the symmetrical speed, add-on. I'm hearing conflicting information, some are saying it's a postcode lottery as to whether it's available, prices seem to vary I am unsure if it's available on all packages. According to this page https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/our-speeds-explained it would indicate that all packages can have the symmetrical add on speed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Symmetrical speeds are only available to the tiny proportion of those who who are on the nexfibre network and delivered using XGS-PON with the hub 5X. VM will be migrating everyone to XGS-PON on its own network starting in late 2024.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

bolto90
On our wavelength

Check https://bidb.uk/ if your XGS then yes otherwise no

bolto90_0-1711032865527.png

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Symmetrical speeds are only available to the tiny proportion of those who who are on the nexfibre network and delivered using XGS-PON with the hub 5X. VM will be migrating everyone to XGS-PON on its own network starting in late 2024.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Martyn
Up to speed

even if you're in the area, the customer service has no clue what they are on about. let's just pray it gets better because I doubt it could get any worse.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

VM aren't migrating anyone for the foreseeable as far as I know: they are making it available, eventually, but no forced migration or stop-sell announced yet.

Timescales for making it available to HFC customers are running a fair bit behind, too. Wouldn't expect anything this side of Joan of Arc's day. 

ks_farm
On our wavelength

Interesting website thank you....