cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an upgrade take?

nadimc345
Tuning in

Hi Team,

I requested an upgrade to 1Gbps last week, and the confirmation stated April 29th as completion date, but the upgrade is yet to be done. How long does an upgrade usually take?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nadimc345 

Are you still on the M200 speed tier as per << This post >> ?  If so, or if you only have a hub 2 or hub 3 then you won't get the speed upgrade until VM send out either a hub 4 or hub 5 (the one you receive will depend upon stock levels) Once you've got the new equipment and activated it then your new speeds will kick in.

The speed upgrade is usually immediate if you have the right equipment and the regrade was processed over the phone.

If though you processed the regrade online via My Virgin Media, or via text message, online chat or whatsapp then it may take up to 14 days. Those regrades are processed manually by a back office team and they have a backlog at present.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should be immediate when VM has done their end.  You could try a reboot to get the new config fille loaded.  

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nadimc345 

Are you still on the M200 speed tier as per << This post >> ?  If so, or if you only have a hub 2 or hub 3 then you won't get the speed upgrade until VM send out either a hub 4 or hub 5 (the one you receive will depend upon stock levels) Once you've got the new equipment and activated it then your new speeds will kick in.

The speed upgrade is usually immediate if you have the right equipment and the regrade was processed over the phone.

If though you processed the regrade online via My Virgin Media, or via text message, online chat or whatsapp then it may take up to 14 days. Those regrades are processed manually by a back office team and they have a backlog at present.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply. I checked another community member's post and he mentioned he had contacted the support team via WhatsApp, which was a great idea! So I did the same thing and the agent I chatted with mentioned there was no upgrade request (although I had received the confirmation email with the new contract), and he placed a new order, confirming a new Hub 5 would be required. Waiting for the new hub to arrive so I can enjoy the 1Gbps speed!

Thanks!

plums1234
On our wavelength

I did an online upgrade and also had completion date of 29th April and still nothing, I already have the Hub 5. 

It's honestly been a bad experience with their ordering system. The first time I contacted them, they mentioned they never received the order, despite me receiving a confirmation email with the new contract. The second time, no delivery on the promised date, so I contacted their support team again via WhatsApp. The agent I chatted with mentioned they were out of stock and should be able to deliver the new Hub5 by May 7th, but I had a trip planned on that date. 

I had to eventually cancel the upgrade for now. Quite a disappointing experience.

First agent I spoke to said I hadn't placed any order and refused to listen to the order number from the new contract 

She then said if I did it won't go live until day 15, day after cooling off period! 

I then tried online chat, he found the order and new contract but also said 15 days! I asked to cancel and he said £504 please 

I called retentions today, got a better deal and was all activated while I was on the phone, she wouldn't go off until I had tested all the new add ons, Inc Netflix. 

Same company, same problem, 3 different "outcomes" 

Hi nadimc345,

Thank you for the update on the upgrade. We're sorry to hear about how the upgrade went after the WhatsApp conversation. 

I'm sure the team will be able to sort out the upgrade when you're ready too. 

^Martin