cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband - upgraded but speed same

ronierossetto
Joining in

Hi everyone 
I bought a 1000Mbps internet and the installation took place on 01/11 but my internet speed does not exceed 600Mbps
I would like to know what I should do because I signed up for this plan and I am not receiving what I signed up for.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

On what type of device?

Wired or wireless?

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Peculiar. How are you measuring the speed? If it's wifi then that's about right. If it's by cable then it's possible there is a local network speed restriction (an older technology VM used I think was capped at 600 Mbps). If so your package should make this clear. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ronierossetto

Sorry to hear of the speed issues experienced since upgrading your broadband tier to 1 Gig. We appreciate you raising this via the forums.

From checking the account we can see the speeds to the Hub over the last week are averaging 1125mbps download and 96.7mbps upload so they appear to be fine, from what you have advised it may be the speed test you're running is over a wireless connection. We'd ask you to run a wired speed test via PC or laptop wired to the hub via this to see the results.

Thanks

Rob