cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email about booking an engineeer visit

sue51
Tuning in

I was a bit surprised to receve an email telling me my Broadbrand hasn't been as good as it should be and that I should book a free engineer visit.

It is indeed true that my BB is not great - erratic and dropping frequently - having been with the company (CableTel / Ntlworld and now Virgin )- so nigh on 3 decades - and the BB has never been quite like this 

Is this email a SCAM or genuine ?

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sue51 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and I am so sorry for any of the confusion regarding your service. Let me get a private message sent across, we can take a look and if needed get the engineer booked. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hi Rosebush18, 

Just to confirm that we were running a trial, texting customers that we can see from our data are having in-home connectivity issues and would benefit from a WiFi Pod or an engineer visit. This ended on the 20th September so any texts received after this date will likely be a scam. 

If you have any concerns, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs