cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMIS6-MALWARE-F011495900

howardjennings
On our wavelength

I keep getting emails from Internet security @ VM telling me a device using my internet is infected with avalanche-nymaim malware and I should use Web Safe to clean my system. All the devices using my connection run virus protection and found nothing. I installed Web Safe and it found nothing either. VM can't give me any information.

Has anyone else got these emails and what did they do?

I've found an archived post from from 2023, from someone that gets the same emails and no one has responded to her posted by 3 by Nadine5

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello howardjennings,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with the emails from our security team.

When was the last time that you received an email from us and have you ran a test since your last email?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

howardjennings
On our wavelength

Getting a letter prompted my post and yesterday, I carried out scans. I do scans fairly often manually as well as the automatic ones carried out by my antivirus software 

I'm so sorry to hear this @howardjennings 

Let me pop you a private message and we can check the account to see any notes from the team. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Whywot4
Joining in

I also have received an e-mail today saying one of my devices is infected with avalanche-matsnu. I have websafe turned on and I also pay for and run F-Secure on all devices. I have scanned all devices with F-secure and found nothing. This is not the first time. If the email is correct and F-Secure is not detecting these issues then what is the point of me paying for it?

Hi there @Whywot4 👋 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've had these emails coming though. It may be a phishing email you've had. Just to confirm, where's the email come from?

Let us know, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

It's come from internet-security@virginmedia.com Our reference: VMIS5-MALWARE-F011509534

Hi Whywot4,

Thank you for the above information, did you run scans on all devices used to access emails?

Regards

Paul.