cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ntlworld email hacked

GTFC9
Joining in

Hi,

My old ntlworld email has been hacked and someone has changed the password and is viewing old emails along with sending ransom demands and altering some of my social media and other accounts. I have had access to all my old emails despite leaving Virgin around two years ago up until this recent event, but now cannot access anything. Is it possible that my account and old email can be made safe or deleted so they can no longer access please.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You will need the VM forum team to delete the account for you if you are no longer a customer. They usually reply within a few days.

If you have used the same email/password combo from the compromised VM account on any other online services, you should set about changing those to a unique password for each one and resetting security questions. There have been plenty of past topics on here where the scammers have got very busy elsewhere once they have a particular set of login details if those details have been used in lots of different places online.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GTFC9 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear of your concern with an old NTL world email. If this is not connected to an active broadband service we can request this to be removed. 

Please join me on private message and we can get this raised at our side for you.  You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley