cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate phone call?

A_Plump_Raven
Joining in

I received a call from a Bristol mobile number who said they were from virgin media claiming that someone had tried to set up an account at my address. I confirmed that I was still living at the address and that I already have an account. It was only later on that I became concerned as it dawned on me that this was from a mobile number and as far as I can see online, Virgin media will not contact customers on a mobile number. Should I be concerned? I didn’t give out any personal information apart from confirming I am living at my address.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as you did not give out any personal information like VM account number, bank account number and sort code, date of birth etc, then I would not worry.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as you did not give out any personal information like VM account number, bank account number and sort code, date of birth etc, then I would not worry.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @A_Plump_Raven 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies you have had a mystery number contact you relating to a potential account at your address, we can look into this for you and advise accordingly, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina