cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe not working

elixir786
Joining in

Hi, 

I have had child safe on and its always worked almost perfectly. But it seems to have stopped working. Please can you advise. Ive searched the forums but it seems there no fix (as far as i could tell)

14 REPLIES 14

pbejon
Joining in

It seems to me that this is a widely reported issue, and the VirginMedia response is the same to each of us - private messages asking us to clear security, then feedback that settings have been adjusted at the VirginMedia end, and eventually child safe starts working again.  But there is no expedited way of reporting this to VM when it happens, and no feedback on what is wrong with the VM system that it keeps failing in this way.

I think this is something that we all ought to raise with the Ombudsmen to ask for feedback.

Good evening @pbejon 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

We can confirm there's not an overall issue and the reason for the PM is that we've often been able to resolve these issues for people.

If you do experience any issues with the service, please get in touch.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

pbejon
Joining in

Does Virgin Media keep figures on how many complaints it gets relating to child safe going down?  Or does Virgin Media run any proactive checks on whether child safe is working without waiting for customers to complain?

I have the same problem. Child Safe is on, but not working (for three days now). It has always worked before. 

Hi @Yorkie72 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel