cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe not working

elixir786
Joining in

Hi, 

I have had child safe on and its always worked almost perfectly. But it seems to have stopped working. Please can you advise. Ive searched the forums but it seems there no fix (as far as i could tell)

14 REPLIES 14

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Exlixir786,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. To confirm, have you checked your online account to see if it is still active?

^Martin

pbejon
Joining in

I have the same problem.  It happens intermittently, and I have raised several complaints with Virgin Media previously but not received a clear answer.

It is a safeguarding issue but does not seem to have high enough priority with Virgin Media.

Hey @pbejon Thanks for reaching out to us.👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with web safe and child safe. 😞
I will assist you on this and provide you the support needed.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pbejon
Joining in

It has started working again.  I am not sure if this is due to follow up or just random.  It would be good to have an explanation on why this happens from time to time and what can be done to stop it happening.

Thanks for speaking with us today @pbejon on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist in relation to this query for the web safe by changing the settings on our end.
As advised - we will continue to gather more of these cases as the numbers are rising and will let everyone know of what the issue is.

In the meantime, any other queries - reach out to us and we'll assist wherever and however we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pbejon
Joining in

I'm still puzzled as to what the issue is.  You mention that settings were changed on your end - what sort of settings were these and why were those settings needed for childsafe to work? 

Also, it seems to me that childsafe started working again before you reported changing any settings, so perhaps there is no connection.

It is the 2nd time this has happened to me, it seems to have happened to others, and I think more of an investigation is needed at VM beyond saying that some settings have been changed.

Hi pbejon,

Thank you for reaching back out, we appreciate your concern and understand you don't wan't this to continue to  happen, as advised we are compiling all possible information and this is being investigated.

Regards

Paul.

Shazza2003
Joining in

I replied on a different thread regarding the same issue and have had no response, I have had this happen numerous times and yet again I’m in the same situation, security and safeguarding do not seem to be a priority for VM and there appears to be no quick fix? I’ve waited for hours on messages with WhatsApp and today yet again 2 hours with no agent talking to me! I need support with this as a matter of urgency. 

Hi @Shazza2003 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your child safe is not doing its job.  And for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I'd like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R