cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these scam calls from ‘VirginMedia’?

Anthony108
Joining in

For a couple of weeks we have been getting regular phone calls on 0800 052 1251. I’ve taken a couple of these calls but they seem a bit suspect. They claim to be from Virgin Media Sales and are saying something along the lines of ‘I am due to have my package reviewed’ although it was very hard to understand the caller’s accent. When they asked me to confirm some personal details i decided to hang up. Can anyone confirm if these are genuine?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It's impossible to tell anything from the caller ID alone as scammers frequently use a fake caller ID when making their scam calls.

The VM forum team may be able to check their records to see if you have been called by VM.

Do you actually want to receive marketing calls from VM?

If not, there should be an opt-out for marketing if you log into 'My Virgin Media'.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anthony108 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

That indeed is our sales team number and we would always need to go through Data Protection, even if we called you. 

If you are ever unsure, then you have done the right thing. You can also opt out of marketing calls in your online account.

Please do pop back to the community if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anthony108
Joining in

Ok thank you both for the helpful replies.

sonicares
Joining in

I got a call too from this number. Apparently it is legit Virgin media.

https://whocall.co.uk/phone-number/08000521251

I am going to follow the instructions above and opt out of the marketing material.